Thursday, November 13, 2008

Random 7

I was tagged by my cousin Annie to write seven random things about myself so here it comes!
1. I always have cold feet when I go to bed. It doesn't matter if I had socks on before climbing into to bed or whether it's summer or winter, my feet are ice cold. Kody has the pleasure of me putting my cold feet right on his legs and me saying "my feet are cold, warm them up". He's a good sport about it!
2. I can't stand characters on little kids' shoes. I, for the longest time would not let Kooper have any kind of character on his shoes, I think they are so cheesy...sorry to anyone that has them for their kids, I just hate them. Kooper came home from Grandma King's one weekend and he was wearing Lightning McQueen shoes....I was livid! They are all he wants to wear now and I will bribe him with all sorts of things to get him to put any of his other shoes on.
3. I am a pack rat! I have the hardest time throwing anything away, I get this from my dad I know. I think, I'll use that again, or someone else might need that. When I finally do get rid of something, I need it weeks or even days later.
4. I, just like Annie, hate open cabinets and drawers and lights left on in a room that no one is in. I walk around to rooms shutting doors, cabinets, drawers and lights off, I even have to get after my husband for most of it!
5.I let Kason eat whatever he wants, I just care that he IS eating. If he wants a cookie for breakfast, I give in and let him have it, because the poor kid could put on a pound or two. I am so bad, I do try to offer good foods, but when he'll eat, I just let him eat.
6. I am obsessive compulsive when it comes to crayons or markers being put away in rainbow order. I know it sounds totally silly, but I find myself fixing Koopers markers to be perfect. I do the same kind of thing with my cash, they all have to face the same way. I know, I have issues.
7. I love salty treats. You give me the choice between cake or popcorn, I'll choose popcorn everytime. I also really love potato chips....so I rarely buy them...because I WILL EAT THEM! I've had to cut back on salt ever since I was pregnant with Kason, I had seriously high blood pressure with him and I am still struggling with it now....so everything is low sodium for me.

I tag, Jenny, Amy, & Katrina

6 comments:

Amy said...

Hilarious about putting the crayons in rainbow order. I'm lucky if I get the crayons back where they go. I loved this Kayla, good job!

Annie said...

I am totally with you on the charater shoes. I don't like them either. My mom knows this so she doesn't buy them but what do you do when your mother in law buys them? Only wear them when they go to their house, that's what!

The Hansen's said...

Isn't it funny the little things that we never realize we do; they are just part of us. I loved catching up with all your adventures!

Taufer Family said...

This is your little sis leaving a comment for #1...you totally used to do that to me when we shared a room and bed...LEAH WARM MY FEET UP THEY'RE COLD!!! i'd be nice and warm and almost asleep then i'd feel these cold feet creepin up slowly to my little scrawny legs haha oh man gotta love it!! but seriously your feet are so cold!!! i still love ya though...and oh ya you had the same obsession when we'd make "houses" with legos..all of them had to be sorted by color!! you made me obsessed with that too and the whole crayon thing!! we must be related or something!! haha or its called little sis copyin big sis!!! ya that's it!!

lvs2dance said...

that was fun to read about you...ok, maybe I will do the same post....MAYBE!

amberkei said...

Hi Kayla! How's it going? It's been a long time since we were in the ward...your boys are too cute!