Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Happy Birthday to my Kason!

My baby boy is now 2! Kason turned 2 on Saturday! He LOVES SpongeBob, so we had to do a SpongeBob themed party! I am so proud of this cake. Kody and I took 2 hours to frost it!!! We think it turned out awesome! I wouldn't let anyone eat it that day, so everyone else had cupcakes....we finally did cut into and eat it on Sunday....but it was started from two little boys hands digging into the side of his arm. Kason wouldn't blow out the candles...we tried several times...so I finally blew it out for him!
Him and his presents.....really, could we get a smile!Some of my neices and nephews...and of course Kooper!
The pinata.....after it came open....Kody of course helping the chaos!
I thought I'd put in these pictures of Kason in the NICU, wow how far he has come! My Sweet baby while in the NICU with the c-pap just hours after his birth.
This one is a couple of days later just with his leads on ...I think this was right after a bath.
To my sweet Kason, oh how we prayed for you and why we named you Kason...your name means "protected" and we knew you would be! As hard as that time was, I thank my Heavenly Father for it and for your strength and the precious week I spent with just me and you! That bonding time meant so much to me. Oh Kason, we know that you are strong and can see to this day, how the personality you have, had to be there from the beginning. We love you choncho! Happy 2nd Birthday!

9 comments:

Katrina Witt said...

Awesome pictures. And he is a cutie for sure. YOu did awesome on his cake!!! Mallory turned 5 saturday, so we had a busy saturday as well! Happy Birthday little guy!

amberkei said...

This is so cute! I love being a mommy to little boys...they are hilarious! What I thought was even funnier was that we call our youngest choncho, too!

Robyn said...

Kayla, I cant believe he is 2, time flys! I hope he had a super Birthday! Good job on the cake, you rock!

Amy said...

Happy Day to him, love the cake! We love having little birthday parties too. Cute pics and how precious when he was little, breaks my heart to see the pics with all the tubes!

Kayla said...

Thanks everyone! And me too Amy, I have a hard time looking at those pix sometimes...we were so worried and there was nothing we could do but wait and pray!

Super Angie Супер Энджи said...

What a sweet post. And way to go with the cake! :)

lvs2dance said...

What a sweet post! I know it is hard for you to remember back then, but look at how amazing he is now! Super job on the cake!

Unknown said...

You know it...that cake rocks! I am looking forward to our Spongebob cake #2 for Kooper's Birthday on the 24th.

I love you!!!!! XoXoXoXo

Kim Walus said...

Your boys are adorable, like you!! Happy Birthday to Kason. Children are sooo precious. Thank you for sharing the pictures especially the ones from NICU. I'm happy that he's okay.