Thursday, September 10, 2009

Labor Day Weekend project!

This weekend my sister blessed her baby boy, Peyton, and my first official day started at Just Sew on Friday....so I had the idea of making one of these darling car seat covers that I have seen everywhere lately. I figured out the pattern (was so proud of myself) and bought the fabric and took it out to Stacey's house and made it Saturday so he could have it Sunday for his blessing. I found out after I was done that it matched his diaper bag perfectly! I showed Jenny the pictures when I got home of the one I made and she decided she had to make one for her new niece...so we went to Just Sew together and picked out the fabric....then she came over today and I let her use my machine so she could do a cute edge on it and I helped her with the "pattern". Her pictures are at the bottom! Hers has a nice girly touch....would love to make a girly one for myself one day!

4 comments:

Sam said...

I so want one!! I don't know if you've check my blog yet, but I'm pregnant!! I really want one but they cost like $40 bucks so I was going to attempt with my mom to make a pattern. They are so cute!! Once we find out what we've having I really would like you to make me one, if you you would! :)

Amy said...

Seriously could they be any cuter, LOVE LOVE LOVE them. You know, I will be needing one soon, hint hint!! You guys are amazing. Hey, seriously Kayla, I need help with my pages, haven't even started at ALLLLLLL!!!! HELP!! We need to all get together really soon okay.

Texas Boy + SLC Girl said...

Kayla!!! SO SO CUTE!!! It's ALicia Voigts... you know your favorite neighbor.. haha! I saw your blog link on FAcebook! I love it! You are so CUTE!!! Little talented girl! Our blog is:www.voigtsfamily.blogspot.com
Hope all is well! Let's hang out sometime?

Leah said...

Oh dearest sister of mine...aka MISS CRAFTY CRAFTER!! You are so talented and creative!! Look at you go! When I grow up, I wanna be just like you :) hahah I'm such a dork!!...but you LOVE ME! :)