Thursday, October 2, 2008

My Addiction......Quilting....thinking of starting FA (Fabric Anonymous)






So my friend Jamie posts her quilts that she finishes, I thought I would post my latest ones. This one is my very favorite, I just finished it about a month ago. I had been working on it since March!!! I am so glad it's done...but it sure was fun doing it!!! Kody loves this one and wants to use it because it reminds him of his Grandma's quilt because it's so heavy....but it took too long and cost too much to let him use it, so I'm being selfish and it's hanging over my banister! My very favorite thing about this one is the little bonus quilt that was made with the scraps from the snowballs in the quilt!


This one I bought a kit from Jackie Thompson (amazing quilter). It was one that the ward did for an enrichment mini-class...while I was on bed rest with Kason, and I really wanted to do it. So she had an extra and I took it home and finished the top in about a week. The quilting and binding took a little longer, but I love this one and I customized the bottom...which you can't see in this picture to say Kings, est., 2001! I changed some of the background colors and word colors to my liking. I am so proud of this one and if hangs off my shelf over the stairs. My favorite part of this one was the blanket stitching on my machine around everything........that took a little bit!



This one I have had finished for a while...but I just love the colors!!! Man I need a girl!!!


2 comments:

jackie said...

Kayla! It's Jackie. I'm so glad to see you have a blog! It's fun to see your cute family...what darling boys! Kooper has grown a bit since we saw him last and we haven't seen Kason. Well it'll be fun to see Grandma Rob and your parents this weekend at my moms. You should come too! Love ya!

Jamie said...

Kayla, those are so beautiful. That is real quilting, mine is just fabric squares sewn together. Cute blog!